We are looking for Nurses (Full/Part-time)
RMN/RGN – Flexible shifts available
Job Title: Staff Nurse
Salary Band: Band 5 / Band 6 (depending on experience)
Location: Oakley Green Road, Windsor, Berkshire SL4 5UL
Reporting to: Head of Nursing
Key Working Relationships
- Internal: Multi-disciplinary Team, Patients, Support Services Staff, Consultants & Therapists working at the Cardinal Clinic
- External: General Practitioners, Social Services, Statutory Services and Voluntary Sector Agencies (i.e. MIND), Independent providers of medical services, Advocacy Services
- To be responsible for the assessment of care needs and the development, implementation and evaluation of care plans and risk management
- To be delegated to take responsibility for the co-ordination of a designated caseload in the absence of the person who has continuing responsibility.
- To provide leadership, supervision and support to junior staff both qualified and unqualified in the absence of the Head of Nursing or appointed deputy during the course of the normal shift pattern, and to ensure the efficient and effective use of resources available to deliver a high standard of quality care to patients.
Sharing skills with staff members.
- As part of a team, provide high quality mental health care to the patients.
- To promote recovery.
- To do all the above in a manner that maintains safety for all.
- To assist in service and good practice developments.
Overview of Responsibilities
- To participate in the delivery of mental health nursing services under the direction of the Head of Nursing or their deputy to ensure patients always receive the best possible care.
- To participate in clinical supervision and individual appraisal in accordance with Cardinal Clinic policy, ensuring high levels of skill and quality treatment.
- Ensure all obligations of the Mental Health Act and the NMC Code of Practice are fulfilled and other mental health legislation is complied with in accordance with the Care Programme Approach and Care Management Systems.
- Improve and maintain working relationships with GPs, other professionals and outside agencies working collaboratively to ensure effective referral, assessment, treatment and discharge.
- To implement progressive, innovative and socially inclusive care plans with emphasis on patient involvement and risk management.
- To assist in the maintenance and recording of both written and electronic health records in accordance with Cardinal Clinic policies and procedures and standards of record keeping.
- To maintain safe and acceptable standards of practice in accordance with the NMC Code of Conduct, CQC Guidelines and the Cardinal Clinic’s Policies and Procedures.
- To keep professionally updated with ongoing developments in mental health through an evidence based approach to delivering high quality nursing services by evaluating, updating, initiating and/or participating in training, audit and research.
- To act as a key nurse to designated patients.
- Have a working knowledge of the patient’s programme.
- Promote and sustain good interpersonal relationships with patients, carers/families, members of the Multi-Disciplinary Team, other professionals, voluntary agencies, independent sector and the general public.
- Be involved in HoNOS assessments and developments.
Please ring/visit for an informal chat with our Matron, Sarah or complete the application form.
Download the application form here and attach to your application below