About Cardinal Clinic
Cardinal Clinic is a private mental health hospital which has been providing outstanding mental health care for 45 years, from our base in Windsor, Berkshire. We employ around 100 staff and have around 50 self-employed clinicians. As a team, we serve an in-patient unit of 23 beds, a day care service and we hold more than 20,000 out-patient appointments per year.
About the Requirement
Over the last two years, Cardinal Clinic has undertaken a significant programme of IT projects which have modernised our approach to patient care and further strengthened the availability and security of patient information. These have been based around the Microsoft Office 365 suite of products.
We have ambitious plans for the Cardinal Clinic business and expect IT to play an increasing role in the provision of mental health care in the coming years. Building a strong team who support the clinical and administrative teams with highly effective IT is a critical requirement to this. The IT Business Partner will work with operational teams to identify opportunities, develop specifications, project manage the delivery and support the users through rollout and during business-as-usual activities.
About the Role
- Work as a partner to the clinical, administrative and professional services functions to ensure that IT systems support our business strategy.
- Identify opportunities for improved clinical care, efficiency, data security or clinician support and propose IT projects to realise those opportunities.
- Project manage the delivery of IT initiatives and work with our development partners to facilitate successful implementation.
- Work with business teams to ensure new initiatives are rolled out successfully with the minimum of disruption and ensure users receive timely and effective support for all systems.
- Become a trusted partner to operational teams in providing technology solutions to business challenges.
- Be aware of developments in technology which could support improving the accessibility or quality of mental health care and propose initiatives which could harness this potential.
About the Successful Applicant
The key attributes required include:
- Through understanding of the Microsoft Office 365 suite including SharePoint up to administrative level.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills which enable non-technical staff to understand IT initiatives.
- Experience in IT project management using a recognised project management methodology such as Prince2 or PMP.
- Ability to understand business requirements and translate them into a specification for development.
- Ability to build effective relationships throughout the organisation and with external companies.
- Ability to identify innovative solutions that address business challenges and propose projects.
- Can demonstrate the ability to deliver projects on time, on budget and at agreed quality.
- Ability to bring innovative ideas that support the business strategy.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor degree in an IT or business administration discipline. Consideration would also be given to an equivalent understanding gained through experience.
- Certification in a recognised project management methodology or able to demonstrate equivalent knowledge gained through experience.
- At least 3 years’ experience of delivering IT projects, preferably within a Microsoft environment.