Competitive based on experience.
Outline of Work Responsibilities
Cardinal Clinic averages around 15 – 20 in-patients in our facility at any time. These will be under the care of both employed and visiting consultant psychiatrists. These consultants work a variety of shift patterns around other private and NHS commitments.
This role will be responsible for providing consistency of care during core hours, to facilitate admissions and discharges and provide support to our nursing team through daily ward rounds.
We expect all our clinical staff to provide care of an extremely high quality. We undertake regular performance reviews to ensure our standards are being maintained. These performance reviews are based on 360-degree feedback from our nursing team, from patient reviews received on our I Want Great Care platform, on compliance with our procedures and on outcome measurements of patient’s progress.
Other Responsibilities and Expectations
- To maintain their own continuing professional development (CPD) obligations as outlined by the Royal College of Psychiatrists and to support colleagues with mentoring and training, as required.
- To contribute to improving standards of clinical care through participation in clinical audit and quality improvement activities.
- To participate in annual appraisal and job planning processes.
- To participate in continuing medical education events and undertake statutory and mandatory training programmes.
- To participate in initiatives to improve models of mental healthcare with input into plans, collection of clinical data from existing patients and reviewing outcomes for efficacy.
- To be approved as a Responsible Clinician or be willing to undertake training to obtain Section 12(2) MHA and to renew this approval according to agreed procedures.
Full Job Description
For the full job description of this role, please click here: Consultant Psychiatrist Job Description