Dr Galavotti is a highly qualified consultant psychiatrist with special expertise in the management of Eating Disorders and related conditions.
He is also a qualified psychoanalyst with experience in assessment, consultation and provision of psychotherapy and psychoanalysis.
- International associate member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists
- Member of The British Psychoanalytic council
- Member of the British psychoanalytic Society and the International psychoanalytic society
- Member of the Tavistock Society of psychotherapists
Training & Experience
Dr Galavotti trained as a medical doctor and as a psychiatrist at Verona Medical School (Italy).
Dr Galavotti has been working as a UK based psychiatrist in the field of Eating disorders since 2002. His experience started as a Clinical research fellow and trainee at St George’s Medical School Eating disorder research group, and continued as an NHS consultant psychiatrist, both in London and in Surrey.
His area of expertise includes inpatient, day hospital and outpatient assessment and treatment of eating disorders, both for adults and mid-to-late adolescents.
Dr Galavotti is trained in several psychotherapeutic modalities, including as a psychoanalyst with the British psychoanalytic society, as a psychotherapist at the Tavistock centre for psychotherapy, and as a systemic practitioner at the Prudence Skinner centre. Although not formally trained in CBT, he has considerable experience in using the CBT model for the treatment of eating disorders.
He works as a psychoanalyst in a private practice in London.
- Eating Disorders Consultant Psychiatrist in South West London and St George’s.
- Eating Disorders Consultant Psychiatrist in Surrey and Borders Partnership.