What are the benefits of good mental health?
Mental health includes our emotional, psychological and social well-being. It affect how we think, feel and act and also helps to determine how we think, feel and act. Looking after your mental health is as important as looking after your physical health. There are many benefits to good mental health:
- Improved sleep
- Enable you to do the things you would like to
- Help you have more positive relationships with those around you
- Reduced anxiety
- Increased self-esteem
- Reduced risk of depression
- Sense of purpose
Looking after your mental health
There are proactive steps to help look after your mental health:
- Talk to someone about your feelings, interacting with others fulfills a basic need
- Keeping active – this can be joining an exercise class, going for a walk or getting off the bus one stop earlier
- Eat well and drink sensibly
- Ask for help when you need it
- Take time to see friends and socialise and enjoy hobbies
Mental health treatments
It is estimated that 1 in 6 people in the last week experienced a common mental health problem (Mental Health Foundation). There are some indications that you may be experiencing a mental health problem:
- Long lasting sadness or irritability
- Extremely high and low moods
- Excessive, fear, worry or anxiety
- Social withdrawal
- Dramatic changes in eating or sleeping habits
If you notice any changes in your mental health, in the first instance, it is advisable to make an appointment with your GP. They will be able to refer you a specialist if necessary and signpost you to resources that can help.
Get mental health support today
GP’s looking to refer a patient may make a referral here.
A calm environment dedicated to your care
Rated ‘Outstanding’ for care and overall ‘Good’ by the Care Quality Commission, Cardinal Clinic works tirelessly to offer an elevated patient experience from exquisite and fresh chef-prepared meals, to comfortable and relaxing accommodations. Situated in a private estate in the heart of Windsor’s green belt, residential in-patient care, day care and out-patient services are offered.