Trevor Powell is a Chartered Clinical Psychologist and Clinical Neuropsychologist with over 30 years experience of working in mental health and neuropsychology in the NHS.
He is the clinical lead and manager for neuropsychology service in Berkshire and specialises in head injury (TBI) and more recently Asperger’s Syndrome (ASD).
Registered with the British Psychological Society
Full Practitioner Member of The Division of Neuropsychology.
Training & Experience
Trevor has been chairman of the charity ‘Headway Thames Valley’ for more than 25 years. He works as an expert witness, having written over 400 medico legal reports, mainly involving traumatic brain injury., for both claimant and defence. Trevor provides the following types of neuropsychological assessment:
- Cognitive/psychometric assessment – to assess the cognitive profile of intellectual strengths and weakness – either for educational or occupational issues or following head injury, stroke, alcohol abuse etc.
- Assessment of Dementia – Alzheimer’s, Vascular Dementia, Mild Cognitive Impairment
- Assessment of Asperger’s Syndrome/Autistic Spectrum Disorder in adults
- Assessment of other neurodevelopmental conditions – Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Dyslexia, Dyspraxia, Dyscalculia etc
- Medico-legal reports for the Court or an expert opinion
Trevor has carried out research and written books including: The Mental Health Handbook; Head Injury, A Practical Guide; The Brain Injury Workbook and, more recently, Recognising Asperger’s Syndrome.